10 Questions for Urban School varsity basketball players

Question Lily Burns (’11) Carly Kuperschmid (’12) Julian Matulich (’12) Selby Cohen (’11)
Biggest strength on the court Communication. I try really hard to be talking and communicating with my team constantly. on defense and offense, both in practice and games. That and getting excited and spreading my excitement to my teammates! 360 dunking Those post moves beasting squeebs and bringing the pain (putting the ball in the basket/rebounding)
Favorite basketball player Brooke Smith (played forward for the Stanford women’s team) Steve Nash Rucky Rubio Shaquille O’Neill / Kevin Garnett
Best pump-up song Bust a Move by Young MC Whip my Hair by Willow Smith Let the Beat Build by Lil’ Wayne ‘Till I Collapse by Eminem
Position Forward/guard Point guard Post Power forward
Rival team Convent Miami Heat You already know Stuart Hall
One Urban teacher you would want on your team Does Joe count? LeRoy Votto Scott Foster running the post Dan Murphy
Funniest quote from a teammate “Did you just lose your finger?” –Nicki Greenberg (’13) “Is Coca-Cola sweet, or sour?” -Jenna Waldman (’12) “Yeah, it’s my last night in Rincon, I’m trying to party” -Alex Wu (’12) “I have a satchel of homework tonight” – Jordan Assaf (’11)
One personal goal for playoffs To know all my teammates really well as players and people. I think the closer we get on and off the court the better we will function as a team, and right now teamwork is really important. Destroy Dunk Win first round of NCS
Favorite inspirational movie Hoosiers Finding Nemo Chariots of Fire Lord of the Rings
Personal best (number of points) 14 this season but I’m aiming higher! -0.5 18 23