Urban transforms into fairytale world as Fall Production class puts on Into the Woods

On Nov. 13, Urban transformed into the fairytale worlds of “Little Red Riding Hood,” “Jack and the Beanstalk,” “Rapunzel,” and “Cinderella” as the 2013 Fall Production class put on the musical “Into the Woods.”

“Into the Woods” brings together the classic Brothers Grimm fairy tales, to make an original storyline, as it reveals what happens to the characters after the famous ending line “happily ever after.” These stories are all tied together through the journey of the baker and his wife as they struggle to start a family.

“The most compelling aspect of the musical is definitely the story,” said Michela Wiley (’15), who played Cinderella.

The 17 members of Urban’s fall production class worked hard, though several of the cast members were battling sicknesses, which could have caused a worse performance.

Prior to opening night, Corey Smith (’16), who played one of Cinderella’s stepsisters and Cinderella’s dead mother, said “(t)there are a lot of people in the cast who are sick right now, which is really worrisome.”

However, cast members still remained excited about the performance.

“The songs are great, the story is amazing … and all the characters are characters that you have grown up with from fairytales, but in a different setting,” said Alana Sheppard (’14), who played the witch.

“I think that the story will find ways to touch everyone in the audience differently,” said Wiley.